Monday, May 16, 2016

The Fielddddd



HOLAAAA

Hi everyone!! I am officially in the field! I have a freakin awesome comp from Las Cruces, New Mexico!! and his name is Elder Koerper, as you can see in the pictures below he is taller than me and a Gringo and Blonde haha. Elder Koerper is 20 and he played baseball one year at New Mexico State!  We stand out sooo much but its freaking great! Wednesday was transfer day so we had a bunch of training and then got our comps and went to the field! I am currently serving in San Isidro! It is just 45 miles outside of the capitol and it is awesome!! Right now we don´t have a lot of investigators so this week we have been contacting and working with members and references a ton! The people are so hard to understand here but it’s so great haha and I struggle to talk but its good and Elder Koerper pushes me and I’m so grateful for that. I sweat 24-7 cuz it’s so hot and humid. It’s just a good thing we have fans in our houses or I’d probably die haha. Elder Koerper loves to work out and lift weights so every morning except Sunday we wake up and 6 and go lift weights at a little gym thing! It’s awesome!! This Sunday was crazy cuz there was a presidential election here in the DR. So we didn’t leave our house except for 1 hour of Church at 9 am. And it so turned out that we were supposed to give a talk!! ohhh man I was like greattt haha but I did it! I shared a scripture and my testimony! I can feel my tongue being loosened each day! All the members are great and we visited a ton this week and of course, when there’s a new guy they all give a juice!! So we got tons of different juices and some were good and some weren’t so much haha. Love you all so much thank you all for your prayers. I feel them every day! I know the Lord has sent me here for a reason and I feel his love for me. See you next week!!

Ps You can now send me packages!!
 
Elder Durrant's first apartment!

2 comments:

  1. His mission president's wife is so little. :) I like how he indicated you could now send him packages!

    He sounds great!

    ReplyDelete