Thursday, May 5, 2016

Cinco De Mayo (Semana 6)


Hola!!!

This week has been so amazing! It all started out last Friday when we went on splits with the Elders out in the field! We met up with two companionships at a church about 4 miles from the MTC! It turned out that we were in the West Mission! Well since there were 5 of us Elders from the CCM that meant 2 of us had to go with one Elder from the field. So it was me and Elder Doyle, from Richmond, VA. who went with Elder Madsen from Eagle, ID. (Ironically, Elder Madsen knows the Yorgeson family who used to live there but now live in Hyde Park!) Wow it was so much fun! We started out by visiting a long-time investigator! She had about 5 little kids running around so we just gave a short message and read with her from the Book of Mormon. After that Elder Madsen gave Elder Doyle and I the chance to share our testimonies! What an amazing experience that was! Next we just began contacting and Elder Madsen showed us the ropes and let us take over. The whole rest of the day, all I could think about is how excited I am to get into the field! One sister we visited even made us a Watermelon juice and wowwww that think was amazing!! Towards about 7 oclock it started to rain dang hard! The streets began to fill up and luckily we made it back to the church fairly quickly, but we were soaked!
 
On Sunday we had an amazing testimony meeting and the theme was the Book Of Mormon and the spirit was so strong. The rest of the week here has been amazing! So excited to get into the field next Tuesday! I am pretty sure once I am in the field, my pday's will be Monday so feel free to write me!
 
I know this is Christ's church. He established it when he was on the earth, and through the Prophet Joseph Smith, the fullness was restored to the earth. The Lord knows each one of us and he wants the very best for us. I know it. I love all of you!

Love, 

Elder Durrant
The snails are HUGE!

Big snail!

Moroni

Elder Durrant and one of his MTC Companion
 

No comments:

Post a Comment