Thursday, April 28, 2016

WEEK 4 !!


Hola!!

 
Hi everyone!! Love and miss you all but i am having such an amazing time here in the DR. This week was amazing!! We have been doing great with our investigators! Last Friday we got to go to the University again! It was even better than last time! This time we found a man, well he found us! We were walking around and then this man caught us from behind and wondered if we were from the temple in Santo Domingo, so we obviously said yes.

He said he wanted to hear our message but he needed 5 min to go into a building, so we waited. When he came back out, we began teaching him about the restoration and the Book of Mormon. His eyes lit up and then he began to tell us that his girlfriend was a member and he had always wanted to find out why she believed what she did! He was so excited that he could now read it for himself. 

I know the Lord works through me, and through all missionaries. He wants us to find his gospel and return to him. I say it over and over but I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. 

Like I say every week, the time is going by so fast! It really is! Most days I feel like I don't have enough time to Study!! These last couple days it has been raining. And when I say raining, I mean RAINING. But then within 20 of it stopping, everything is dry again!  

Because my weeks go so fast, I cant believe it is Thursday again!  Mom, I miss you guys so much but being a servant of the lord is a miraculous thing. This week we watched a devotional at the MTC in Provo by Elder Bednar. His talks are always amazing but this one was one of the best I've ever heard. I just want to share the jist of it. 

"Why are trials and bad things givin to good people?" Because the lord KNOWS, and TRUSTS those he gives those trials to. He knows they can handle what is being given to them. These trials teach us something no matter how big or small.
Just like Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ. Two of the greatest leaders of all time. They suffered more than any of us. I want you guys to read Chapter 122: 5-9. I love you guys more than anything and the lord is always with each of us. 

I received Jen Beaches email. I don't have time to write her back but tell her thank for her amazing email she sent to me from last week. I Love you so much and I'll talk to you next week!! Also I'm not sure yet if we will be able to skype but call for sure!! LOVE YOU ALL!!
 
Elder Durrant


Our Chapel

 

Computer room
 
CCM

 
One of our amazing teachers here. Hermano Martinez

 
I'm awful at pin pong, but I'm getting the hang of it


No comments:

Post a Comment