Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Hola, Happy July 24th!


 HOLA!!! what’s going on!? So this week has been very long! Elder Chandler and I have been contacting, trying to find some more people to teach. Contacting here is difficult because in the morning, people are either cleaning, cooking, or still sleeping and then in the afternoon, is when the heat hits and wow it hits hard haha! But the good thing is that IF we get into a house, they usually will give us some homemade juice or cold water haha!

Right now we have been teaching a 23 yr old guy named Richard! He's from Haiti and he knows Creol, French, and he can kinda speak Spanish, and he's learning English too! So he came to our English class! First I helped him with his English, and then he started to help me learn French! Well, let’s just say I didn’t get anything from him about French and I was super grateful for him trying to teach me but I told him that honestly right now, I need to learn how to speak Spanish haha. But he has a baptismal date for next Sunday so we will see if that pulls through!

So my Spanish is coming along! I learn so much each day, but some days it just feels like I am in a slump and I kind of get frustrated but then I just think back to how far I’ve come! I know the lord has helped me so much with the language and everything!

This week I will hit 4 months in the mission. Wow. Some days go slow because they are hard and some days fly by, but when I look back on it, these 4 months have been the best 4 months because I have learned and experienced so many things! Each second I learn something new, whether it’s Spanish, the gospel, something about myself, or something about another child of god! The Mission is amazing and I’m so happy to hear that so many of my bros back home are hitting the field!! I love you all so much and I know this is the Lords work!

Love

ELDER DURRANT

French Toast, YUMMY!





This tree went down in a storm and it literally laid in the road like this for 5 days before someone removed it. Only in the DR!?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment