Monday, September 19, 2016

Sept 19th


SALUDOS

GREETINGS

So I’ve had a great week this week in Los Minas. Our ward boundaries changed last Sunday and our ward is even bigger now! This ward is truly amazing. There are so many awesome members and they love to help us out! But since the Ward boundaries changed, so did the mission area! So now there are Hermanas in our ward! Thursday we had our District meeting and then after, President Corbitt came to divide our area! It was great to have a meeting with him. He is truly an inspired man called of God to be our leader.

So we have been continuing to visit the Guy who has a girlfriend in Utah... He and his family are amazing... They always offer us food and Juice and whatever is there’s is ours... They are the prime example of a Dominican family! Well Saturday we are going to be having baptisms. At least 4 people have accepted to be baptized this Saturday, so we are going to continue to follow up with each of them to help them enter into this wonderful covenant with our heavenly father.

In our area we have some really poor parts and we have a few investigators in this part of town, so Friday we went to visit him... Well when we hit the little alley to his house, I looked up and he was sitting in front of his door, reading the book of Mormon.... WOW.... Nothing made me smile bigger this whole week, then to see him studying for himself, and then when we started to share with him, he shared his testimony about the restoration....

I know without a doubt that this church is true. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet of god, who translated the book of Mormon. I am so grateful for my mission and for every day I have to become the person I want to be. Love you all so much

 

ELDER DURRANT

No comments:

Post a Comment