Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sept 5th

Another great week in la Republica Dominicana! 

So usually I write down what happened each week on a paper and then bring it with me to the internet cafe to write this letter buttttt, I left it in the house so sorry this letter is going to be short and I will try to remember everything for next week!

Today we got haircuts! So we went to the barber and my comp got his hair cut and I was next, well I told him that I wanted it short on the sides and to leave the top alone, well he gets going and I tell him no, a little shorter, so he changes the clipper things and then goes again.... well it was looking great and I was happy until, he kept going with it on top of my head..... and it was too late, so I told him well just finish it! So now I have a buz cut..... but oh well, feels much cooler now without all the hair haha and it will be back within 2 weeks! 

This week we have some great investigators that are progressing and a few that didn't come to church this week and we really aren't sure why. This ward that I am in is awesome! There are quite a few returned missionaries and they actually know the doctrine and how missionary work is supposed to be done! 

My comp and I are doing great! We are both learning a ton! He loves soccer so today we went and played a little Futbol, with all the latino missionaries! It was quite the time!


I love the mission. I love these people. I love this gospel. I know this is his gospel. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have to share with these amazing people. The days are hot and most definitely long, but, with the lord by my side, his work is being done, little by little. Sometimes I wonder why it is, that this work is so slow, but at the same time, we all have our agency and one day, all will know, that this is his gospel. Thank you all for your support and love.  


YOUR FRIEND IN THE DR:

ELDER DURRANT

Elder Durrant's apartment

Elder Durrant's selfie

Companions

This is how close buildings are in Elder Durrant's area


No comments:

Post a Comment