Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Oct 3rd


Well it has been another great week here in the DR. Not sure if you are all aware but supposedly there is a Hurricane here in the Caribbean and at first, everyone thought it was going to hit us here in the Capitol, but now it appears that the storm went much more west and is going to be hitting Haiti and Cuba! But no worries, we were all prepared here ready for the water!

Before I talk about conference (the best part of the week) I'll share a little about what happened this week. Well right now we do not have a ton of progressing investigators cuz most of them, got baptized! But, this is a good thing! That means that we have to look for more that are ready to enter into the waters of baptism and take that first step towards the kingdom of god!!  AND that means we get to contact... contacting is fun but super frustrating at times, not because we get lots of doors shut in our face, cuz that actually hardly ever happens, but its hard cuz when we contact, it’s always women, and we can’t enter the house without a guy in there also, so that means we have to put another date to come back and they are hardly there the next time, butttt that is the joy of missionary work!

 Brother Munoz who is one of our progressing investigators is doing well, he is continuing in the fight to drop his addictions with coffee and smoking. And the other investigators we have are doing amazing too.

 Well conference was amazing... I had the opportunity to watch it all in Spanish, and I actually understood it! Well I don’t have much more time but i would like to share my testimony.

 I know this church is true. I know the atonement of Christ is real. That EVERYONE can use it, and it is for EVERYONE. HE is always waiting for us to change and come unto him. I love this work. These last 6 months have been the best of all my life....  I LOVE YOU ALL.

 FROM THE DR 

 ELDER DURRANT

 P.S.  sorry to those I couldn’t write back, I will try next week to do so..

No comments:

Post a Comment