Friday, April 1, 2016

Day 1 in the Dominican Republic MTC


 
I made it!! My p-day will be Thursdays but not tomorrow! Well mom we kinda put some toothpaste in my carry on and they at security didn't like it very much so I definitely got the full body pat down and questioning by the little bald dude. After they found nothing I was good to go! The plane ride was so long but I met some Elders at the SLC airport! One is from So. Cal. (Poly kid) the other is the kid from Portland! They are great guys.  I am running on 1 hr of sleep in the last 36 hrs haha so I hope this all makes sense. At JFK our layover was like 20 min so I'm sorry I didn't call. The flights were so long and my butt was asleep all night/day. We met 3 more Elders when we got to Santo Domingo airport! It is soooo humid here and I am soaking haha. The drive from the airport was about 30 min and the people are nuts. There is not a lot of honking but they just drive like dad. (Like they own the road). There are also tons of motorcycles and they drive everywhere! They were even going the wrong way sometimes!  I have met so many elders so far and they say the language is hard but it all works out if we will work diligently! There are 6 of us that just got here today and we have all sat down and talked and we are great friends already!! I will talk to you all next week. I know the church is true and this is exactly where I need to be!

Colton's Mission Email  colton.durrant@myldsmail.net
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment