Thursday, April 14, 2016

End of Week 2 !


Hello everyone!! I just want to thank each and every one of you for praying and believing in me. I love being a missionary more than anything. I pray each day for all of you! In Spanish haha. We pray like 20 times a day so it happens a lot!  Each day here keeps going by faster and I can’t believe its been 2 weeks already. The language is amazing and I know that with the Lord and the Spirit's help, I have been able to teach over 10 lessons strictly in Spanish. I continue to dream in Spanish and think in Spanish and it’s so amazing.
 

This week we got to go to the grocery store! We were all so pumped cuz we finally got to go outside the gates and see the real Dominican Republic! We walked to the store and it was like a knock-off brand of Walmart! We had a bunch of fun just checking out all the funny stuff in there. 

 
The Dominican people are amazing and so loving and humble! Especially our teachers. They are local missionaries that served about 3 years ago. They know English pretty well but it helps us so much to be taught by natives!

 
On Tuesday we got to attend a devotional by the area president here in the Dominican Republic! What an amazing talk! The spirit was so strong during the entire meeting. The food here at the CCM is really good. It’s usually rice, beans, and some type of meat and then always salad! I love eating the salad and everyone looks at me so weird when I get a heaping plate of it covered in ranch.

 
Mostly everyone here at the CCM is leaving next Tuesday! All the other Sisters and Elders are awesome! I am so blessed to be around such amazing people. There will only be my district (5 Elders) left. Then on Wednesday 30 new missionaries are coming in from Haiti, DR, USA and Jamaica. So this place is going to be packed and we will be the veterans haha. 

 
Today we went to the temple and once again, without fail, it was AMAZING. I am so blessed to be here in the Dominican Republic! I am one of the assistants to the MTC president so I have quite a few jobs to do so that keeps me busy! I love this gospel and the Lord with all my heart. Jesus died for each and every one of us. If ever you are struggling, just think of him. He knows every pain we could ever think of.

 
I just found out that Sam Chadwick will be serving in the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East mission with me. How awesome is that? Maybe we will be companions during our missions. I know I'm not in the field yet, but the people here love and look up to the missionaries so much!


Thanks dad for always being such an amazing example to me. I absolutely love being a missionary, just like you did! I love you very much!! Have a dang good week and I will try and tell you about the new people coming in next week.

 
Finally, even though it’s only been two weeks, I have grown as a man so much.  Please everyone look up this scripture. It has helped my testimony so much this last week! I love all of you so much! I hope you have such a great week and don't ever forget to thank Our Father in Heaven for your blessings.  PLEASE READ: Mosiah 4:9

 
Peace out!!!

 
Love 

Elder Durrant

 

Ps- Sorry I didn’t get to take any pictures this week! next week I will have a bunch I promise!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment