Thursday, April 7, 2016

First P-day in the Dominican Republic




Hola!!

This week has been so amazing!! The first full day we were here, we had to teach an investigator in spanish and it was soooo hard! But day after day my spanish is getting immensely better with the help of the spirit! Now I can understand almost everything that the teachers are saying. Sitting in class is long, but the teachers are amazing and make it so fun to learn! The people here at the CCM (MTC) are amazing. There are only 20 total missionaries here and the building can only hold 40. We have about 27 Elders here from Santo Domingo, Jamaica, and the United States!

 
The elders from here at the dominican republic are so awesome and most of them LOVE basketball and the nba. That is how they learn all their english is from watching nba games. So during gym time each day we play a mean game of basketball. They were kinda surprised the first day when they big fat white kid (me) could actually shoot. haha. I play ball with Elder Doyle and Elder Cornilles during gym and we are starting to be dang good friends, they are awesome! Elder Bastian from Idaho likes to life weights so we go lift together, he is really cool!

 
I am in a trio companionship and I know the Lord is blessing me with patience. Elder Fuimano, is from Redlands California and he is an amazing guy. He's a poly and me and him are so much alike. Elder Wolf, my other campion is from South Carolina. We watched EVERY SESSION of conference this last weekend and it was amazing. I loved each and every talk that was given. Conference was in english cuz it was doctrine! It was amazing!!!

 
We have continued to teach our investigator and I LOVE the language. By far the biggest challenge of my life but the power of the spirit when you are a missonary makes everything easier. The food here is good. As expected, there are a lot of beans and rice. But usually there are always foods similiar to home but they just have a dominican twist. I am getting fat from all the rice haha but they said eat all you can now cuz once you get in the field you will lose 20 lbs the first week.

 
I cannot tell you how much I love everyone here. I know the Lord wants me to be here in the Dominican Republic. This morning we went through the temple and WOW. It was amazing.

 
My district is amazing. We are all like brothers. and it makes it so much easier to learn cuz we are all like in the same boat trying to learn Spanish. I have definitely learned a heck of a lot more this week than my whole high school career, and that is all thanks to the spirit! I even dream in Spanish

 
I love and miss you guys so much but i know I'm supposed to be here and its really so fun!

Well I love you all very much!! I will talk to you again very soon because the days here just continue to go by faster. Missionary work is amazing!!!!

Got to go!

LOVE

Elder Durrant
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment