Thursday, April 21, 2016

Week 3!!


WOW. That’s pretty much all I can say. I LOVE it here. This week we have started to just talk in Spanish so it’s really hard for me to write this letter in English! Because if we speak in English we have to do 25 pushup haha. I love it. This week has been great!! Last week I felt like my Spanish had plateaued, this last week it has been getting a ton better!
Last Friday we got to go contacting at the University near the CCM. It’s huge!! I guess it’s like one of the oldest Universities in the western hemisphere so that’s pretty cool haha. At first I was nervous and my companions were also. We just walked around for a little bit but then I just got this prompting to go for it and I did. I stopped this kid and gave him a little lesson about the restoration and then handed him the pamphlet and he said thank you and then as he was walking away he began to read it! Wow. After that happened, something inside me just went off. It was the same feeling as scoring a touchdown in a tight game. I was JACKED. I was on the "high" of missionary work and it was amazing.
My companion’s kind of struggle with the language sometimes and so I just went off and within the next hour I had placed 7 more pamphlets. It was so extremely fun and who knows what seed we could have planted! Then the rest of the week has been pretty much the same!

We got to the park across the street from the Temple! haha it is quite the park! I will attach some pictures! Yesterday we went to the PLAYA (beach) it was fun! It was a big fancy beach but we went to do service and pick up garbage. (There is garbage everywhere here in the DR) Untilllll, the lady came over to us and told us that we couldn't pick up garbage without permission from the Government.... Haha. Oh well, so we stopped, took some more pictures and then went back to the CCM and played some more basketball with the new Dominican Elders! I’m pretty sure ALL Dominicans love basketball.
Oh the Greenies!!! (New missionaries) they are awesome!! There are now like 42 of us here in the CCM and last week there were 19. So it has doubled! There are a lot of them from Haiti and they are some great people! Only about 3 speak some English and only 1 speaks really well. So he's going to have to help us translate!! I love you all so much. Thank you all for blessing my life in one way or another! I love and miss you but I know with all my heart that this is where I am supposed to be. I know that Christ lives. I know that through him we can all live with our families again.


Sorry if my pictures are blurry! The humidity is so high that if fogs up my camera lens!


 

Your Friend,

Elder Durrant 

No comments:

Post a Comment