Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 27


This week has been pretty crazy! Last Monday all we did is clean the house and then visited members and investigators and I said goodbye to them all! On Tuesday Fam Marmolejos gave me a ride to the mission home and we drove through the air force base! At the mission home, I met my new companion, Elder Chandler! He is super cool, from Panama and yep he doesn’t speak English, but it’s awesome and I have learned a TON so far this week. When we were at the mission home we had to wait for the assistants to come with the truck to move us. When they arrived to help us get, they were in a little Toyota truck. We proceeded to stack our beds and stuff for our house into the truck. We loaded, 4 suitcases, 2 bedframes, 2 mattresses, 2 dressers and 3 tables on that little truck, and to top it all off, me and this little Dominican tied it all down with 1 rope.... let’s just say it is definitely the Dominican way to move haha, but it was good. We are actually now in a house with 4 missionaries and it’s really fun! One is Elder Walker from Rexburg and the other is an Elder from Brazil! So things are going well here! Sorry to all those I haven’t written back yet!! I don’t have a ton of time to write, but I love you all and I’ll send a bunch of pictures next week!

Finally, yes mom, I eat eggs now. ONE OF THE MANY BLESSINGS OF THE MISSION. I can eat them plain without anything and I have no clue how haha!

LOVE,

ELDER DURRANT

 

LUKE 14  11

No comments:

Post a Comment