Thursday, August 18, 2016

AUGUST 15


Hello to all!!

Well this week was great! Monday we really just hung out in the house and cleaned up! It was chill.

So we are in the rain season right now so its starting to rain like every day! But, it still hot as heck. Double whamy.... So Tuesday it rained Cats and Dogs and we were half way in-between lessons and the storm came out of nowhere! So we began to run for cover and within 5 seconds we were both soaked head to toe.... It was just like someone had dumped a huge bucket on our heads! So that ended our time out in the street cuz we went back to the house and it continued to rain all day!

Wednesday we had another lesson with Angel! It was an amazing lesson and he picked up everything that we said. This kid is freakin smart and then in the afternoon, we had a lesson with his friend that he invited to church! So we were in this lesson and we began teaching and all of a sudden I had the impression to just ask him to explain it, well he said ok, and he explained the whole plan of salvation, absolutely perfect! After the lesson I asked him if he wanted to be a missionary, and he said he didn’t know... But I believe he will be!

Thursday we stopped by a little restaurant in our area and so we began to talk with the Employee and his name is Moises. Well we hit it off and now I’m teaching him English and the gospel at the same time and my comp is trying to learn how to teach the lessons in English too! It is truly amazing to be able to speak two languages and be able to share the lords message and help others in the process.

Friday was Elder Cordobas birthday and so we had a noche de hogar (family home evening) at a members house and after the lesson, she surprised him with a cake and all sorts of cool treats and food! Of course I was happy too cuz there was a ton of food and he shared haha.

Sunday hit and we had a great lesson at church on Missionary Work! It was fun to share scriptures and testimonies about the lord’s work! Then at 5 that night, we had Angels baptism! I had the privilege of baptizing him and after he was so extremely happy! I asked him the question again; do you want to serve a mission? He replied back that yes, he wants to share this feeling with everyone. What an amazing day it was, not only for him but for me. My testimony grew so much!

I am so grateful for my mission and the opportunity I have to serve here in the DR. I love you all so much but I think now I love these people more haha. Sorry mom..... Just kidding!

LOVE

ELDER DURRANT

No comments:

Post a Comment