Monday, August 8, 2016

August 8th


Well, I just finished up another week in Paradise! Nah just kidding it’s all work here! But things are going great and things in our area are picking up a ton! So all my buddies have been writing some bomb letters and I’ve been getting lazy so I’m sorry I’ll try to get better!

So after I wrote on Monday, Elder Walker and I did an exchange and passed by a few families so he could say goodbye to them because he was in this area for about 6 months! Well after that we went to the Ward Mission leader’s home and watched Cokeville Miracle! It was even better to watch it as a missionary!

Tuesday morning, Elders Chandler and Walker, packed up and left for their new areas and Elder Moreira and I hung out at the house waiting for our new comps to arrive! Well first, his comp got there! Then about 2 hrs later, my comp arrived! He is awesome! His name is Elder Cordoba. He is from Nicaragua and he is a little dude haha. It’s like David and Goliath with him and I. But he has an amazing knowledge of the scriptures! He quotes scriptures constant and its awesome!

So this week we have been teaching Noeli, Angel, Fransico, and Fransiscos son, Christopher! And all four of them want to be baptized on the 20th!

Noeli is 17 and is extremely smart! She loves the gospel and has friends that are members and she has had so many questions about everything because before her baptism, she wants to know, for a fact that this church is true, so in our lesson last night, after my comp had shared a few scriptures with her, I just bore my heart out in testimony. It was amazing and after the lesson, my comp said that when I was doing that he said my accent was absolutely perfect and so was my grammar. I said, well, honestly, it was the spirit talking, not me!   Because it was! The spirit was so strong and I have faith she will receive her answer soon!!

Then there is Fransisco and his son, Christopher!! They have been prepared by the lord and are ready to be baptized.. Both have so many questions and have so much desire to learn! We are going to have another lesson soon with them and we will be trying to get the mom to join us so we can share how important it is that they do this as a family!!

Well honestly, this has been one of the greatest weeks of my mission. My new companion is awesome and is ready to work! I know the lord lives, I know he hears our prayers and i know this is his Church! 

I love you all!! Please let me know about football haha! HABLAMOS

I will send pictures tomorrow.

ELDER DURRANT

No comments:

Post a Comment