Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August 29 and another transfer!


Well this week has been WILD to say the least!
Let’s just say now, I have a new comp and I am in a totally different and new area and it all happened in 30 min!

So Tuesday afternoon we had an exchange with the Zone Leaders. So I went to their area and one of them came to mine with elder Cordoba. It was tons of fun and I learned a lot! Then the next day at lunch, we switched back! Elder Cordoba and I went back to the house so we could eat and I could drop off my extra clothes and then the other elders in our house wanted to do an exchange too! So we said ok! So I went with one of them to their area! We had some amazing lessons and then that night we had one lesson with some of the little muchachos that come to our English class! They love me cuz I’m the big greengo that teaches them English haha but we had a great lesson about the Gospel and being baptized and now they are going to get baptized here in a couple weeks! So then Thursday morning hits and that is when we have our district meetings! Well we left the house and it was raining just a little then when we got about a quarter of the way there, it started to pour..... So we stopped and called the zone leaders to ask them if we should keep coming or not and they said yes, that they were already in the Chapel waiting for us! So we just kept going!! I’ve never been so wet in my life! We were all literally soaked from head to toe! But we made it!! Then we entered the chapel and they actually turned on the AC!! And for the FIRST time in my mission, I was actually cold! It was a MIRACLE!
So then after our meeting, we returned to our house to eat. As we were getting ready to leave our house to proselyte, we got a call... a call I will never forget...

All I heard at first was, ( ok ok, so where is he going? am I staying here?) and my heart sank.... My comp gets off the phone and says, pack your stuff, you are being transferred.... I didn’t believe him! I said no way and I called the Assistant to clarify and he said (yep you are being transferred, come to the mission home NOW, with all your stuff, you are TRAINING) So all 4 of us in my house starting throwing my stuff into my bags! 15 min later my bags were packed and my comp and I were in a taxi to the office!

Now I’m in an area called Los Mina! It is close to the big river here in the city and there are about a million people in this little area! There are some very poor parts near the river and a bunch of gangsters too! I have a new comp, which has only has 3 weeks in the mission... He is from Panama! His name is Elder Cruz he is a stud!
So this week has been great and crazy! I’m totally ready to take on the challenge of training! My Spanish amazes me every day and all the credit is to the Lord, I am just his tool here in the DR. I love you all and I know this church is true!!

 
ELDER DURRANT

No comments:

Post a Comment