Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 21


Well first off, I want to give a big shout out to the boys back home, continuing on with the winning tradition! 31-6 is a butt whooping! Keep taking care of business on and off the field. Now you guys have fans all over the world rooting for ya! So don’t disappoint haha. I hear that several brothers are wearing their brothers’ old numbers this year that is so cool to hear that those guys are wearing those numbers. I can’t tell you how much I miss football.... I would do anything to go back and play with those guys again and nothing will ever be better.... Tell Daws to cherish it and ALWAYS work hard. He out of anyone should know that the season could be done in one play.... Please continue to send pics of everything. I love seeing them and the scores and how they are all doing! Riley is a stud and I know he is going to kill it the rest of the year with all the other boys right there by him.

Second, Shout out to HERMANA FALSLEV in Osorno, Chile! Thursday the 25 is her birthday!! And she is finally the big 21! WOAH

As for me here in the Republica, things are HOT and HUMID. Like always haha. The other day we were walking in the street and I thought wow, I need to try to explain hot hot it really is here, so here what I came up with. This heat is like as if I was in the middle of a turf field, all my football gear on, 95 degrees with no breeze. PLUS 90 percent HUMIDITY.... Well now you know! I guess I’m kind of getting used to it..  It doesn’t change hardly ever haha so now if I’m air conditioning I get cold and I don’t want to be in it because I know how bad I’m going to sweat when I get back outside haha. But you know, its 2 years and I’ll be back in normal ville haha.  The animals here are the trash chickens and the dogs that roam the streets haha. The dogs don’t bug us here. They are just super lazy and lay on the side of the road!

So this week we had some great lessons with our investigator named Noelia. She was supposed to get baptized Saturday but she isn’t quite ready yet. Like i have explained before, she is super smart and wants to be 100 percent sure of her decisions. So we have been super patient with her and trying to explain everything the best we can but now the plan is just to explain that really, she needs to just take the step with FAITH, because really she is already a member, she attends activities and all the meetings, she just hasn’t been baptized! So this Saturday is the DAY!

My Spanish is getting better. Today some couple missionaries came to check our house and they are from Pleasant Grove and it was super hard to think of words to use in English! I love it and I really don’t want to speak English anymore, but I did get out that I was born in Utah County and lived in American Fork prior to moving to Richmond.

This week we have been doing service for a lady in the ward. We spent a couple hours 2 days this week cleaning up her yard and making it all pretty again! Her nephew with us and he was using the machete and he was pretty much trying to spit rocks with it and so after, it was super dinged up and ugly and she was MAD. So I told her that I could fix it and she didn’t believe me. But agreed that I could take it and try.... So on our way home we stopped by a little machine shop near our house and I explained to the guy that I needed the machete sharpened.... Well he said ok and so the next day I went to pass by to pick it up and asked him how much it was... He told me nothing and that it was on him and it was his pleasure.... Wow. People are amazing and this country may be freaking hot and dirty but the people here are amazing. Also for some reason I am the go to guy when people here need their cars fixed. THIS WHITE BOY DOES IT ALL!!

Time in the mission field for me has flown! I will be out 5 months next week!  I can’t believe that Bri will be home in less than a year and Diddy comes home next week. TIME FLIES!

I am truly blessed to be able to serve the people here in the Republica! And this word is all for the Lord! I have been reading in John this week and chapter 7 talks all about how Christ gave all the glory to god and so should we. I love you all so much! PEACE OUT FROM THE DR


ELDER DURRANT


P.S.   I love hearing from all the missionaries in the field, so please send me your letters home!

No comments:

Post a Comment