Thursday, November 3, 2016

Happy Halloween!!


 

 So this week has been awesome! My new comp is awesome! I think I told you guys but he is the cousin of my other comp and they came into the mission together! His name is Elder Chacon!  He’s super goofy and smart with his hands and we are a ton a like! We had a baptism yesterday and it was truly amazing! Ruddy changed his life in a blink of an eye.... Dropped alcohol so fast, no one could believe it... He told me after his baptism that this is the first full week; he has had without drinking alcohol, since he was 15.... He is now over 60.... So amazing how the lord works and how the spirit really helps and changes people for the better!

I have been cooking every day and I’m going to try to experiment more this transfer haha... I am so tempted to buy a portable air conditioner haha.. My fan broke and the mission is getting new ones next week but wow this heat sucks! So today a senior missionary couple from our mission home came to check our houses, and the sister says, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! .. I had no idea it is Halloween... Time flies guys and I am absolutely loving it here in the DR.. The days are long, but the weeks are so short! There are so many people out there waiting to hear this wonderful message and that’s what drives me even more!

So a kinda gross story for ya.... So Wednesday we were in the house of an inactive family, sharing with them and they were cooking their lunch, well, they were kind enough to share with us, so we had a prayer and began to eat, well when I was about to take the last bite of my plate, I heard a little sound from the stove, I looked over, and there was a mouse..... Running around by the stove and all the plates.... I looked at my comp and he looked at me... and we finished the food and were out of there haha....

 LOVE YOU ALLL

 ELDER DURRANT 

No comments:

Post a Comment