Monday, April 10, 2017

3-20-2017


My week was good!! Super good actually! We found some amazing investigators this week!!! Finally we are getting some things going in our area! We had a devotional thing with Elder Neil L Anderson and it was AMAZING. He taught us so much haha and he even tried to do it in Spanish! He knows Portuguese and French perfectly and is trying to learn Spanish and he did really well but there was a translator there as well to help him out but it was super cool! The west mission was also there with us!

This week we received a visit from Elder Neil L. Anderson! What an amazing experience it was! We met up in a chapel in the capital with the entire West mission and then they did a broadcast to Santiago (north) so they could here also!

He talked about 2 main things!

1. Help the investigators come to love the Book of Mormon.

2. Help the investigators come to feel the love of the Savior when they repent!

It was amazing to hear from an apostle of the Lord! I learned so much about how important the Book of Mormon really is! In fact this week I have read half the Book of Mormon haha and I cannot get enough! And for those of you that really know me, you know that I do not like to read so that is new haha!

This week also we have found some really prepared families! And in fact 2 of the families are now preparing for baptism in April! I cannot express my gratitude for the atonement of Jesus Christ. It is real. And every day our job as ambassadors of him is to teach the people how to repent! I love it! Even though every lesson we have, isn’t the perfect lesson, we are helping our brothers and sisters know more about this amazing plan!

I love being a missionary! There are the ups and downs but every day is another day to learn and get better!

So my dad asked me how I like the cold showers and honestly I’m used to it now haha! But when it’s chilly in the morning, I do some exercise and then get in so I’m not freezing haha!

Well this letter is all over the place but hey that is life! Love you all so much! Talk to you next week!!!
--

--ELDER DURRANT--

No comments:

Post a Comment